There are a few things over the past few years that I’ve bought that I truly use daily, or nearly daily. Some were splurges that I researched, hemmed and hawed, and finally gave in…and they were totally worth it. The list is kind of a mish-mash of all kinds of things (makeup, fashion, entertainment), but they are truly things that adore.
1. Madewell’s Transport Tote - $168 I’ve never really been a big purse person because a tote is just so much more functional. Then I started seeing lovely leather totes popping up, and it took me YEARS before I finally settled on one that I LOVE. I’d been eyeing this one, and couldn’t decide between this one and the baggu leather tote, mainly because I was picky about the perfect caramel brown color and I couldn’t get a good sense of the colors online. When I saw this one in person, I bought it immediately. I’ve had it for about a month or so now and I LOVE it. It is going to wear well and get better with age, it’s the perfect color, and it holds EVERYTHING without being too bulky. I even throw my laptop in there, and groceries that I pick up on my way home from work.
2. Handmade Oxford Shoes - $189 These shoes I also stewed over for a while before getting them because first, they are way more expensive than shoes that I normally buy, and second, they are handmade — so I wondered how well they’d hold up. I am SO HAPPY I decided to go with them. They are probably the most well-made shoes I own, and they hold up beautifully. And, the attention to detail on these shoes is amazing. They perfectly fit my foot, and are incredibly comfortable. They are so tailored they make a simple outfit look special.
3. J Brand High-Waisted Jeans - $200 These jeans are incredible. I searched for a long time for the perfect high-waisted jeans and these are it. I bought Sasha in Noir Blue a year ago and have worn these things so many times I couldn’t count. They are stretchy, the perfect height, skinny legs, and incredibly flattering.
4. Ben Nye Banana Powder $30 - I found a recommendation for this face powder from a professional make-up artist. It really is the perfect shade, and I have very fair skin. I buy it in bulk and it lasts forever.
5. Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch $120 - I bought mine a few years ago, and had hesitations if I really needed it, or if I would use it. I was worried I wouldn’t like it as much as my paper books. However, I think I love it even more. I carry this thing with me everywhere and it makes me so happy!
6. Clarisonic Mia - $130 This little face scrubber was something I also researched and considered for a long time before purchasing. I’ve had mine now for a few years, and use it every day. When I don’t use it, bad things start to happen to my skin. I went with the smaller Mia version, and love it.