For my jewelry shop, a few years ago I signed up for Craftybase, an online inventory system which catalogs all of your materials and projects, and right now they’re offering a 10% discount for signing up, if you use the link from this post. I set to work cataloging every chain, jumpring and eyepin, counting and logging every bead that I own, and putting together project logs. This was a bit of obsessive work (that my organizational brain loved every minute of), and the benefit has been incredible. It’s also been easy to stick to. I’ve been using it consistently for 2 years now. If you run a shop, I highly recommend Craftybase.
Things I love about Craftybase
- I now know *exactly* how many materials I have, at any point in time — whether I’m sitting in the middle of my jewelry studio, or if I’m checking my phone in line at the grocery store, without having to open up my supply closet.
- Every necklace and finished item that I make connects to my materials and I know precisely how much it costs to make every item I sell, which means I can price my pieces very accurately
- My products link to Etsy, and sales are automatically imported
- I can easily look-up and compare pricing among my materials and against new materials
- After the initial set-up, maintaining Craftybase is almost effortless. I only have to add in new materials that I purchase, and click a button when I make a new necklace. The rest is automatically updated.
Craftybase also has other features, like tracking Expenses and maintaining Customer Contact information, but I don’t really use those so I can’t speak to those.
Craftybase Sign-up Discount
And….right now Craftybase is offering a 10% discount, as long as you sign up via this link. Do you use Craftybase or a different online inventory system?